My lockdown love affair with puff pastry continues. I actually put together these Chorizo & Brie Pastry Parcels with the grown-ups in mind, that said it didn’t stop any of my kids wolfing them down which was a pleasant surprise. Puff pastry is one of those things you can have in the fridge and make something epic with, just using whatever you can find in your kitchen. From pinwheels to parcels, cinnamon buns to strawberry tarts, it never fails to impress me. These parcels are ideal for lunch or dinner with a side salad maybe. I’ve used Brie, but you can obviously substitute blue cheese or something like Camembert if you prefer.
Chorizo & Brie Pastry Parcels
1 small onion
1 Pastry Ready Rolled Sheet (320G)
100g brie cheese (sliced)
100g chorizo sausage (sliced & diced)
1 egg (beaten)
- Fry off the onion and chorizo in a little oil until the onion is softened and the chorizo is browned.
- Roll out the ready rolled pastry sheet onto a baking tray and cut into 6 squares.
- Spoon the chorizo and onion mixture into the centre of each square and top with a slice of brie.
- Brush the edges of each square with egg, and then carefully bring the corners together to form a parcel, carefully pinching together the edges with your fingers to seal.
- Place in the oven at 200C for 15 minutes.
If you’re looking for some more lunch ideas, click here.