Brown Butter Cinnamon Squares, a few of my favourite ingredients all working together to make the ultimate sweet square of loveliness. Healthy treats these are not, but what is life without a badass bake every once in a while. There are only six simple steps in this recipe, it’s incredibly easy and there is no going wrong. These cinnamon and chocolate gooey squares are somewhere between a brownie and a blondie – they’re basically a hybrid treat! Ideal for dessert or as with a cup of tea (or gigantic glad of milk!). One positive thing has come from isolation and staying home and that is remembering all these great recipes I used to make regularly before having the kids. I’ve literally been blowing their minds with all the new treats!
Brown Butter Cinnamon Squares
200g brown sugar
100g granulated sugar
2 large eggs
310g plain flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
100g milk chocolate (chopped)
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a 26 x 18 cm baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat until browned. Then set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs together with the vanilla extract and set aside.
- Next, add the brown and white sugar to the butter mixture mixing well. Then incorporate the egg mixture.
- Add the flour, and baking soda and chocolate chunks to the mixture, incorporating well.
- Finally, press the mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar, before placing in the oven and baking for 25-30 minutes or until baked through.
If you are looking for some more sweet treat inspiration click here.